NOV 27, 2019
Three Exciting New Areas Added to Cowboy Christmas
If there is one constant at Cowboy Christmas each year it is the outstanding shopping. However, each year the experience has continued to grow with the addition of interactive and experiential elements. This year is no different with three new elements – NFR Extra, Junior World Finals BLVD. presented by 12 Gauge Ranch and Bites and Brews presented by Total Feeds.
Cowboy Christmas runs concurrently with the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo, Dec. 5 – 14, and is open daily at the Las Vegas Convention Center from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. Admission is always free.
Hosted by Nevada Colwell, Rockin’ Robbie Hodges and Brilynn Bentley, the NFR Extra Podcast will broadcast daily from a customized studio designed to capture unique interviews with those involved in the rodeo industry. The trailer, designed and built by Bloomer Trailers, will be located on the east end of Cowboy Christmas, adjacent to the Rodeo Live Stage presented by RODEOHOUSTON.
The additional two elements are located upstairs from Cowboy Christmas within the footprint of RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo. After a day of shopping and enjoying the interactive elements at Cowboy Christmas, attendees can enjoy a unique line up of custom food and beverage carts at Bites and Brews presented by Total Feeds.
To add to the experience upstairs, attendees can take a stroll along the red carpet at Junior World Finals BLVD. presented by 12 Gauge Ranch featuring 18 interactive exhibits from sponsors of each event and the Junior World Finals. The red carpet will lead you to the Wrangler Rodeo Arena, the location for the Junior World Finals.
In addition to the three new areas, Cowboy Christmas will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
• Rodeo Way – This “Old West” setting features eight interactive industry and rodeo exhibits located at the east entrance of Cowboy Christmas;
• Wrangler Rodeo Arena - The arena will seat more than 1,100 fans and feature the Flag Girl Competition, Exceptional Rodeo presented by NV Energy and, for the fourth consecutive year, the Junior World Finals with championship competitions in bull riding, bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, girls and boys breakaway, team roping, tie-down roping, pole bending and barrel racing;
• Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON – Daily features include Flint Rasmussen’s “Outside the Barrel,” RFD-TV’s Western Sports Roundup and Keepin’ it Country with host Andy Griggs. New in 2019 is the Cowboys for Conservation Calcutta;
• Coors Rodeo Saloon – Every great “rodeo” needs a saloon. Located near the east end of Cowboy Christmas, the Saloon features food vendors and video screens with a replay of the prior night’s Wrangler NFR performance;
• NFR Central – This area will feature radio remotes, contestant and musician autograph sessions, giveaways and more. Dale Brisby will also be in attendance;
• Great Wall of Rodeo presented by Calgary Stampede – This fan favorite features a graphic of all Wrangler NFR contestants and other interactive elements.
12 Gauge Ranch, Bloomer Trailers, Rockstar Energy, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, StubHub, Traeger Wood Fired Grills, Wrangler and YETI serve as Gold Buckle sponsors. Silver and Bronze sponsors include Boot Barn, Browning, B&W Trailer Hitches, Calgary Stampede, Cavender’s, Classic Equine, Cloud Touch, Coors, Impact Gel, Justin, Lucas Oil, NV Energy, Nevada State Bank, Panhandle, Pendleton Whisky, Priefert, Purina, Pro Fantasy Rodeo, Ram Rodeo, RFD-TV, RODEOHOUSTON, SmartPak, Star Nursery and Total Feeds, Inc. Official host hotels for the Junior World Finals include Eastside Cannery, Plaza, Sam’s Town and SpringHill Suites.
Cowboy Christmas brought large crowds to the Las Vegas Convention Center over the ten days in 2018, reaching 232,595.
Sold out for more than 300 consecutive performances, the Wrangler NFR attracts the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. Under the new contract with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that runs through 2024, the purse in 2019 is $10 million. Qualification is based on the 2019 PRCA World Standings.
# # #