SEP 6, 2017
Wrangler National Finals Rodeo Job Announcement - Production Manager
LAS VEGASWRANGLER NATIONAL FINALS RODEO
The Wrangler National Finals Rodeo is known as the Super Bowl of Rodeos. The WNFR (the event) matches the top 15 rodeo contestants in the world with the best livestock for two compelling hours during each of the ten exciting nights in Las Vegas. Since 1985, the WNFR has sold out 300 consecutive performances at the Thomas & Mack Center.
The Production Manager – The Production Manager (PM) is responsible for working with the General Manager and the rodeo production staff on all aspects of the event. The PM will work closely with Las Vegas Events and the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association staffs on all aspects of the WNFR, ensuring a successful organization of the event.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – The PM reports to the LVE President and works hand-in-hand with LVE and the PRCA and reports during scheduled meetings to the National Finals Rodeo Committee (NFRC). PM will work with LVE President to develop and manage an annual budget which is approved by LVE and NFRC. Job duties are varied, as there is no set daily routine, and weekly and monthly tasks vary depending on the rodeo cycle. The Production Manager’s priorities may change depending on NFRC's annual expectations and goals for the WNFR. The PM will be responsible for all pre-planning to facilitate the event, oversight and actions during the event and post-event operations upon the event's conclusion to make the event successful. While the event demands entertainment for the fan, the PM must also operate to follow PRCA rules to affect an honest ultimate result. Finally, the PM will facilitate relationships with related event representatives including: LVE, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, PRCA and the Women’s Professional Rodeo Association.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong computer skills including word, excel and presentation software.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with entities essential to the successful operation of National Finals Rodeo such as contestants, stock contractors, Las Vegas Events, PRCA, sponsors, other rodeo committees, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a multi-million-dollar budget.
• Willingness to work long and irregular hours at WNFR (5AM-midnight)
• Knowledge of the rodeo industry, rodeo practices, and PRCA guidelines.
• Strong organizational, administrative, strategic planning, decision making and financial skills.
• Sound understanding of insurance and risk management practices within the rodeo industry.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to the safe operation of public assembly areas.
• Manage a diverse team in terms of experience and skill sets. Lead, motivate and mentor individuals and teams to ensure goal success and alignment with the annual strategic plan.
• Proficient in knowledge of animal health, equine and livestock competitions.
• Event management expertise. Experience in managing animals in public venues. Proficient with event production and logistics at a high level.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• An undergraduate degree in business, management, public administration, marketing, finance or related field, is desirable.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Send a letter of interest and resume to:
WNFR Production Manager
c/o Las Vegas Events
770 East Warm Springs Road #140
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Email the letter of interest and resume to:
All letters of interest and resumes must be received by Friday, September 29, 2017 at 11:59 pm PT.