NOV 18, 2015
Lucas Oil Rodeo Way at Cowboy Christmas to Feature Unique Exhibits that Highlight Rodeo Committees
Lucas Oil Rodeo Way, one of the six main interactive elements of Cowboy Christmas, will feature unique exhibits that highlight the best of rodeo.
Free to the public, Cowboy Christmas will be open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. from Dec. 3 - 12. To add to the overall experience, RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo will be co-located upstairs in the South Halls from Cowboy Christmas. The show will expand from four days to a full ten days in 2015, with a goal to become the most successful outdoor and hunting-related expo in the United States.
Designed as a main attraction of the new Cowboy Christmas layout in the South Halls of the Las Vegas Convention Center, Lucas Oil Rodeo Way is built to look like an old Western town. The area features 11 interactive booths, each specially decorated allowing fans to experience a wide array of memorabilia and rodeo history.
Exhibitors include Calgary Stampede, Cheyenne Frontier Days, Experience Kissimmee, Frontier Rodeo, Indian National Finals Rodeo, National Cowboy Museum, Pendleton Round-Up, NFR after Dark, RODEOHOUSTON®, San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo and Southeast Montana.
In addition to Lucas Oil Rodeo Way, Cowboy Christmas will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
• Wrangler Rodeo Arena - The arena will seat 1,000 fans and feature Bullfighters Only, Clinton Anderson Horsemanship, Mini Bucking Bulls, Miniature Bareback World Championships, Exceptional Rodeo presented by NV Energy, Wrangler NFR Flag Girl Competition, Wild Pony Races and Roy Cooper’s 13 & Under Tie-Down, plus 13 & Under Girls Breakaway and 19 & Under Boys Tie-Down;
• Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON® – Daily features include Flint Rasmussen with his popular show, “Outside the Barrel,” “Alexis Bloomer Live”, RFD-TV’s Western Sports Roundup and, new for 2015, the “Learnin’ The Ropes” youth show with Josie and Broc Lindberg;
• Coors Rodeo Saloon – Every great party needs a saloon. Located near the West End of Cowboy Christmas, the Saloon features food vendors and video screens with a replay of the prior night’s Wrangler NFR performance;
• NFR Social Arena presented by YETI Coolers – This area will feature an interactive photo booth, contestant and musician autograph sessions, giveaways and contests;
• Great Wall of Rodeo presented by Calgary Stampede – This fan favorite features a graphic of all Wrangler NFR contestants and other interactive elements.
Gold, Silver and Bronze buckle level sponsors include Academy of Country Music, Bloomer Trailers, Browning, B&W Trailer Hitches, Calgary Stampede, Coors, Crown Royal, Fine Entertainment, RODEOHOUSTON, Lucas Oil, NV Energy, Priefert, PrimeSport, Purina, Pro Fantasy Rodeo, Ram Rodeo, RFD-TV, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Signature Quarters, Star Nursery, Total Feeds, Inc., Wrangler, YETI Coolers and Zappos.com.
Cowboy Christmas brought record crowds to the Las Vegas Convention Center over the ten days in 2014. Total attendance reached 200,179, surpassing the previous record attendance of 196,856 set in 2013.
Sold out for 290 consecutive performances, the Wrangler NFR attracts the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. Under the new contract with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that runs through 2024, the purse in 2015 will jump to $10 million. Qualification is based on the 2015 PRCA World Standings.
For more information on the Wrangler NFR and Cowboy Christmas, please visit www.NFRexperience.com or through social media at /LasVegasNFR and use #WranglerNFR.
# # #