NOV 8, 2018
Rodeo Live Presented by RODEOHOUSTON at Cowboy Christmas to Host Live Features
From Dec. 6 - 15 at Cowboy Christmas, Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON will bring live talk show style entertainment to rodeo fans. Free to the public, Cowboy Christmas is open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (PT) daily at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Halls and features just under 350 exhibitors and interactive elements for rodeo fans.
Each day, Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON will feature the following:
RFD-TV’s Western Sports Roundup – starting at 10 a.m.
Outside the Barrel with Flint Rasmussen – starting at noon
Daryle Singletary’s Keepin’ It Country with host Andy Griggs – starting at 1:15 p.m.
Rodeo Recess with Andy Seiler – starting at 2:15 p.m.
Rasmussen has been a staple at Cowboy Christmas and continues to deliver laughs, entertainment and special guests during the ten days. Also back for a third year is the live-music show “Keepin’ It Country,” but unfortunately without original host Daryle Singletary. The beloved country singer died unexpectedly in February, and with the blessing of his widow, Holly, “Keepin’ It Country” will go on, with country music artist and good friend Andy Griggs serving as host. Rodeo Recess with Andy Seiler will provide guests with insight on the world of rodeo, focusing on the daily action at the Junior NFR presented by YETI.
Additional one-time events include the Miss Rodeo America Scholarship Foundation Auction on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 3 p.m. and the Fellowship of Christian Cowboys Public Church Service on Sunday, Dec. 9 at 3:30 p.m.
To add to the overall experience, RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo will be co-located upstairs in the South Halls from Cowboy Christmas. Over the past 32 years, Cowboy Christmas has attracted more than 4.1 million people.
In addition to Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON, Cowboy Christmas will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
• Wrangler Rodeo Arena - The arena will seat more than 1,100 fans and feature the Flag Girl Competition, Exceptional Rodeo presented by NV Energy and, for the third consecutive year, the Junior NFR presented by YETI with championship competitions in Bull Riding, Bareback Riding, Saddle Bronc Riding, Steer Wrestling, Girls and Boys Breakaway, Team Roping, Tie-Down Roping and Barrel Racing.
• Coors Rodeo Saloon – Every great “rodeo” needs a saloon. Located near the east end of Cowboy Christmas, the Saloon features food vendors and video screens with a replay of the prior night’s Wrangler NFR performance;
• Rodeo Way – This “Old West” setting features eight interactive industry and rodeo exhibits located at the east end of Cowboy Christmas;
• NFR Social Lounge – This area will feature radio remotes, contestant and musician autograph sessions, giveaways and more;
• Great Wall of Rodeo presented by Calgary Stampede – This fan favorite features a graphic of all Wrangler NFR contestants and other interactive elements.
Gold, Silver and Bronze buckle level and Junior NFR sponsors include 12 Gauge Ranch, Bex, Bloomer Trailers, Boot Barn, Browning, B&W Trailer Hitches, Cactus Ropes, Cactus Saddlery, Calgary Stampede, Classic Equine, Coors, Heel-O-Matic, Hesston by Massey Ferguson, Hooey, Impact Gel, Justin, Montana Silversmiths, NV Energy, Nevada State Bank, Outlaw Equine, Pendleton Whisky, Priefert, PrimeSport, Purina, Pro Fantasy Rodeo, Ram Rodeo, Reno Rodeo, Resistol, RFD-TV, RODEOHOUSTON, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Rodeo Rigs, San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, Star Nursery, Total Feeds, Inc., Wrangler, YETI and Zesterra.
Cowboy Christmas brought record crowds to the Las Vegas Convention Center over the ten days in 2017. Total attendance reached 253,675, surpassing the previous record attendance of 231,517 set in 2016.
Sold out for more than 300 consecutive performances, the Wrangler NFR attracts the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. Under the new contract with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that runs through 2024, the purse in 2018 is $10 million. Qualification is based on the 2018 PRCA World Standings.